Therapeutic Pregnancy Massage
Massage provides many benefits for the expecting mother. With extensive body changes and extra tension in the muscular skeletal sytem, caused by hormones and a shift in your centre of gravity, having massages can be the difference between a difficult pregnancy and having a great life experience. It is safe to start treating from 7 weeks pregnant in an unproblematic pregancy, but in some circumstances we would recommend waiting till the 1st trimester is complete before starting treatment.
Benefits that a mother may experience:
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankle
- Lessens Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the lower back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones lose muscles, relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- Post Natal care for mums including easing stress mothers often feel after the birth
At MyoRevive we use the original Belly Pillow: www.bellypillow.com/home
Belly Pillow has proven to be the ultimate pregnancy pillow. It allows a pregnant woman to lie on her front, ease pressure on her back and lets her have a massage throughout her whole pregnancy.
Early Stage Pregnancy Pillow
The Early Stage Pregnancy Belly Pillow can be used from 7 weeks to around 20 weeks gestation. During your pregnancy the slight curve gently support your hardening abdomen and gives you the ability to lie on your front comfortably.
Late Stage Pregnancy Pillow
The Late Stage Pregnancy Belly Pillow allows an expecting mum to lie on her front, ease pressure on her back and lets her have a massage from approximately 20 weeks through to 40 weeks. During your pregnancy, the 16 cm cavity of the Late Pregnancy Belly Pillow supports your growing belly to full term. The Late Stage Belly Pillow is great at easing the pressure on your lower back and hips!
Belly Pillow is used with confidence by:
It is completely safe to use.
Please check the 'OUR SERVICES' page for pricing